The 2011 International Freelancers Day Conference will feature 17 of the world's most respected professionals and thought leaders in the areas of freelancing, marketing, social media and personal development. This online conference works a little differently than most online events you may have attended. So here's the rundown on what you need to know.
- Presentations will start at 10:00am Eastern Time (time zone converter) and end at 5:30pm Eastern Time on September 23rd. So make sure to mark that day on your calendar!
- This is an online event, so you do NOT have to travel anywhere! All you need to "attend" live is a computer and an internet connection.
- Even though this event is entirely free, you must register to attend. That's easy. Just use the form on the right. It takes only 4 seconds. (It's true. We timed it!)
- In order to accommodate all presentations into one day — and to give you some free time between presentations — we have created two different presentation tracks. You are free to jump from one track to the other as you wish. The email you will send you a few days prior to the event will have presentation access information for both tracks.
- Each presentation will start every hour on the hour and will run between 15 and 20 minutes. That gives you 40 – 45 minutes between presentations to network with other freelancers via the interactive components of the conference.
- We will be using Tweetchat for networking and interaction during and in between the presentations. To participate, go to: http://tweetchat.com/room/IFD2011. The official International Freelancers Day hashtag is #IFD2011.
- Each presentation will play at exactly the date and time scheduled. So, just like a traditional conference, you'll need to show up on time for the sessions you want to attend. Otherwise, you'll miss them. (You can review the conference schedule here.)
- A few days before the event, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to view the presentations. So please watch for that email!
Finally, International Freelancers Day may officially begin on September 23rd, but in a real way, the excitement starts right now!
Join the active conversation and networking already happening on our Facebook page.
And stay tuned for updates via our Twitter feed.